Share This Article
Apple has just announced the Swift Student Challenge as part of its WWDC 2023 event. This annual event is aimed at young developers around the world who are passionate about coding, and it provides an opportunity for them to showcase their skills and creativity.
The prizes for the winners of this challenge include exclusive WWDC23 outerwear, AirPods Pro, a customized pin set, and a one-year membership to the Apple Developer Program. Additionally, the winners will have a chance to attend the special in-person event at Apple Park.
The Swift Student Challenge requires applicants to build an interactive scene in an app playground that can be experienced within three minutes. They can use provided templates for a head start on more advanced creations and make them their own by adding graphics, audio, and more.
The challenge is open to anyone who is 13 years of age or older in the United States, or the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction (for example, 16 years of age in the European Union). Applicants must be registered for free with Apple as an Apple developer or be a member of the Apple Developer Program, and they must fulfill one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in an accredited academic institution or official homeschool equivalent
- Be enrolled in a STEM organization’s educational curriculum
- Be enrolled in an Apple Developer Academy
- Have graduated from high school or equivalent within the past 6 months and be awaiting acceptance or have received acceptance to an accredited academic institution
- Not be employed full-time as a developer
It’s worth noting that the challenge is designed for student developers who are cultivating their software development skills. Applicants can receive a Swift Student Challenge award or a WWDC Scholarship up to four times.
- Microsoft Teams 2 Launches with Focus on Speed and Simplicity
- Twitter Introduces New Changes to Encourage Users to Pay for Twitter Blue
The deadline for submissions is April 19, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. PDT. Apple says applicants will see their status by the end of Tuesday, May 9. This is a great opportunity for young developers to showcase their skills and creativity, and potentially win some fantastic prizes, including the chance to attend the special event at Apple Park.