Share This Article
In a much-anticipated annual event, Apple has unveiled the finalists for the 2023 App Store Awards, spotlighting excellence in app development across various categories. Nearly 40 outstanding apps have been cut, representing the pinnacle of design, functionality, and innovation on the App Store.
The editorial team at Apple’s App Store meticulously handpicked 37 finalists spanning 10 diverse categories, showcasing the breadth of talent within the app development community. The winners, set to be announced later this month, will undoubtedly set the standard for excellence in their respective fields.
Apple Fellow Phil Schiller expressed his excitement, stating, “We are thrilled about the achievements of these App Store Award finalists, who are enriching the lives of users globally. From drawing and design to video editing, education, music, and beyond, these apps cater to a wide array of interests. The dedication and creativity demonstrated by these finalists are truly inspiring, and we eagerly await revealing the winners of the App Store Awards later this month.”
In the iPhone App of the Year category, finalists have been recognized for their contribution to helping users discover and develop new skills. Standout finalists include:
- AllTrails: Guiding the world to explore the great outdoors.
- Duolingo: Making learning accessible to the masses.
- Flighty: Keeping travelers on schedule and stress-free at the airport.
The iPhone Game of the Year finalists have invited players to embark on captivating adventures with stunning graphics. Notable mentions include:
- Honkai: Star Rail: Building a space fantasy adventure with cinematic animation.
- Afterplace: Creating a retro role-playing game with intuitive controls.
- Vampire Survivors: Inspiring a new roguelike action genre.
For the iPad App and Game of the Year categories, finalists have excelled in providing users with innovative tools and delightful experiences. Highlights include:
- DaVinci Resolve (App): Offering a more portable video editing experience.
- Pocket City 2 (Game): Inviting players to build from their imagination.
In the Mac App and Game of the Year categories, finalists have captivated users with rich storylines and graphics. Notable mentions include:
- Photomator (App): Streamlining the photo editing workflow.
- Return to Monkey Island (Game): Building on the iconic point-and-click adventure.
Finalists in the Apple Watch App of the Year category have made it easier for users to access essential information directly from their wrists. Standout finalists include:
- Planny: Intelligently helping users stay on top of tasks.
- SmartGym: Creating smart and targeted workouts at any skill level.
In the Apple TV App and Apple Arcade Game of the Year categories, finalists have delivered stunning experiences on the big screen. Noteworthy mentions include:
- Bugsnax (TV App): Capturing mystery and charm through gameplay.
- Hello Kitty Island Adventure (Arcade Game): Taking players on a grand adventure with adorable creatures.
In the Cultural Impact category, finalists have made a profound impact by fostering new ways to connect and celebrate diversity. Standout entries include:
- Pok Pok: Revolutionizing menopause support.
- Copilot: Simplifying personal finance.
- Endling: Inspiring players to focus on environmental impact.
Finding Hannah: Connecting women across generations through gameplay.
The winners of the 2023 App Store Awards will be revealed later in November, promising to showcase the best and brightest in the world of app development.
- Apple Expands Tap to Pay on iPhone to French Merchants
- Taylor Swift Named Artist of the Year for 2023 on Apple Music
- Apple Pledges Carbon Neutrality Without Passing the Buck to Customers