The tech giant has officially unveiled its highly anticipated software updates: iPadOS 17, iOS 17, and macOS 14. While Apple always strives to extend support to older devices, it also ensures that the latest operating system delivers optimal performance and functionality.
With iPadOS 17, Apple aims to strike a delicate balance, granting as many iPads as possible access to the cutting-edge features without compromising on performance for those with less capable hardware.
To provide clarity to eager iPad users, Apple has released a comprehensive list of compatible iPad models that can seamlessly upgrade to iPadOS 17. If you own any of the following models, you’re in luck:
- iPad mini 5th generation or newer
- iPad 6th generation or newer
- iPad Air 3rd generation or newer
- All models of iPad Pro, with the exception of the 1st generation 12.9-inch variant
Owners of the fifth-generation iPad mini can breathe a sigh of relief, as they will be able to join in on the latest iPadOS advancements. Similarly, if you possess the sixth-generation iPad or any newer iteration, you’ll be able to experience the full suite of features that iPadOS 17 brings to the table. For iPad Air users, the third-generation model or any subsequent version will grant you access to the latest software.
- Apple Unveils the Winners of the 2023 Apple Design Award
- Introducing Vision Pro: Apple’s Game-Changing Mixed-Reality Headset
- Apple Unveils Second-Generation Mac Studio Models with M2 Max and M2 Ultra Chips
It’s worth noting that all models of iPad Pro, except for the initial 12.9-inch variant, will be compatible with iPadOS 17. Apple’s Pro lineup has consistently pushed the boundaries of what an iPad can achieve, and with iPadOS 17, users can expect an even more seamless and powerful experience.